Caring for Your Grillz
After investing in your new gold grillz, you may be wondering how to keep your dental jewelry clean. Maintaining your dental hygiene is crucial to the health of yourself and your grillz. With a few extra steps to your everyday teeth cleaning, the process of keeping your grillz free of germs and shining is simple.
Steps to clean gold grillz:
- Clean your grillz daily. Remove your piece and rinse with warm water.
- Brush your grillz with a soft-bristled toothbrush and warm water. Having soft bristles will be gentle on your grillz while also scraping away the excess grime, like that of your natural teeth. Make sure to brush all areas of your grillz – specifically don’t forget to brush near where your grillz meets your teeth.
- Fill up a cup with enough Hydrogen peroxide to fully submerge your grillz. Hydrogen peroxide is commonly used as a form of mouthwash because it eliminates bacteria formed inside the mouth and gets rid of mucus build-up. This cleaning formula releases oxygen that foams and acts a natural cleaning agent.
- After dropping your grillz into your cup of Hydrogen peroxide, let it sit for 5-7 minutes – enough time for the cleaning solution to eliminate germs on your grillz.
- If you don’t have hydrogen peroxide, you can soak your grillz in standard mouthwash for a minimum of 10 minutes. However, we recommend you invest in some hydrogen peroxide for a deeper clean for your gold teeth.
- Take out your grillz and use your toothbrush to scrub any excess cleaning solution and rinse with warm water.
- Use a clean and soft cloth to dry off your grillz. Using a dirty cloth may tarnish the surface.
Cleaning your removeable gold grillz once a day at minimum is critical to your jewelry’s health and your own natural teeth’s health. Like brushing your teeth twice daily, setting aside some time to take care of your grillz is essential. Along with cleaning your gold teeth, make sure to floss your teeth daily so the build-up of bacteria slows down.
If you choose not to clean your grillz, prepare for some future visits to the dentist. By not thoroughly cleaning your grillz, you can expose yourself to harmful dental issues, cavities, and bad breath. Basically, treat your gold teeth’s hygiene like your natural teeth’s hygiene.
Some other tips:
- If you smoke, remember to take out your grillz before doing so. Tobacco and other harmful smoke can tarnish your grillz.
- Take our your grillz prior to eating so acid from food does not cause your grillz to tarnish.
- Put an anti-tarnishing strip in your grillz case.